For my first blog, I’d like to share the 10 dog commandments with every new or existing dog owner!
- My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you will be painful to me. Remember that before you buy me.
- Give me time to understand what you want from me.
- Place your trust in me. It’s crucial to my well being.
- Don’t be angry with me for long, and don’t lock me up as punishment. You have you work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have you.
- Talk to me sometimes, Even if I don’t understand your words, I understand your voice when it’s speaking to me.
- Be aware that however you treat me, I’ll never forget it.
- Remember before you hit me: I have teeth that could crush the bones of your hand, but I choose not to bite you.
- Before you scold me for being un-cooperate, obstinate and lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I’ve not been getting the right food or . been out in the sun for too long, or my heart is getting old and weak.
- Take care of me when I get old. You too will get old.
- Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say: ” I can’t bear to watch it“, or “Let it happen in my absence“. Everything is easier for me when you are there.
Remember that I Love You.